A female owner that has recently widowed is searching for abutler/house manager to manage her large home in Sydney. The house is not runby other staff members however they do bring staff in from their countryproperty when entertaining and they have contractors for various maintenancework and general upkeep of the property.
The principal divides her time between the twoproperties. There is a dog on the property and you will be required to carefor the dog when the principal is away.
Required skills and qualities:
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Outstanding eye for detail and fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to work resourcefully and on own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability to the requirements of the role
- Competency with household maintenance and minor repairs
- Proficient computer skills
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion
- Professional personal presentation
- Mature, friendly and confident disposition
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour without stiffness or formality
- Must be able to drive and have a clean driving record
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
oImmaculate presentation of property.
oCare and maintenance of fine furniture, delicatefabrics and sensitive surfaces which require knowledge of appropriate cleaningproducts and cleaning methods. Research and vigilance required to ensureoptimum care of variety of finishes on walls, floors and furnishings.
oEstablishment of daily, weekly and annualrotational check lists for all routine maintenance tasks
oDaily housekeeping including making beds,tidying bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas when principal and/or guests inresidence.
oAssistance with meal preparation andpresentation, and food and beverage service when principal in residence.
oShopping and stocking of food pantry, alcoholicand non-alcoholic beverages
oInventory maintenance of wine cellar andbeverages.
oInventory maintenance of all consumables,glasses and drink ware and dining equipment and utensils.
oInventory maintenance of items of value andcollectibles
oValeting of clothes including washing, ironing,minor repairs, shoe cleaning and dry cleaning.
oGarbage recycling and disposal, General errandsas required
oLiaising with principal in relation to diarymanagement, household budget, financial management, house guests andentertainment.
STARTDATE: immediate start
SALARY: $65,000AUD per year (overall package$90,000AUD per year including accommodation & super\)