Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Forum


In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Enter US on my C1D visa to join cruise ship as a passenger?
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:11 AM
Joined: 12/01/2013
Posts: 1

I have a C1D from previously working onboard cruise ships in the US. I would like to cruise as a passenger onboard with my boyfriend. Is it possible the I can enter into the US and join the ship that will be traveling to the Bahamas on my C1D ?? Or is that visa only for crew members working and transiting through?
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:35 PM
Joined: 25/06/2009
Posts: 277


The "bible"?


Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:45 AM
C1 is a transit visa. D is for seaman assigned to a foreign-flagged vessel operating in US waters. It does not allow you to enter the US for business or vacation. Enter, go to your ship, and leave. That's it.
 Average 0 out of 5