Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Chicken & The Egg for Ex Yachtie
Engines
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:53 AM

Hi All,

I was in Yachting for some time, in various parts of the world. Now settled in Australia and wanting to get back in the game, I find that once a qualified Chief Engineer amounts to little, with a 'start again' in the AMSA system at Maritime College. They will however recognise 50% but now demoted to Engine Room Watch Rating, needing the sea time to get the ticket and vice versa....

I am struggling to gain 45 days at Sea with a Task Book for either and MED1, or preferably Class 3.

Does anyone have any suggestions on obtaining some sea site...maybe deliveries around Australia, I need >400 KW?

Thanks

Engines

Average 0 out of 5
]