Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Forum


In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Visa help
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:40 AM
Joined: 29/02/2012
Posts: 1

Hi, We are a Maltese flagged 44m sailing yacht. We are heading to the UK for the summer. We have onboard a New zealander and an American. I have been informed by the UK Customs and immigration they need either a Maltese discharge book or a working visa to clear customs. The new zealander has a Cayman Island discharge book but apparently this is no good. The American does not have a discharge book. Can you advice which visa they would need and how to get one? Malta will not issue them with discharge books as they are not officers! (Engineer and bosun - qualified to work onboard but not qualified to obtain a Maltese discharge book??) Any advice greatly received!
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2012 2:39 PM
I am a US citizen and have been in France for 50 days. I left for Italy for 8 days and I do not know how long I can stay in France. I have been told it is only 90 days in a 180 day period by various people and all the websites seem quite confusing. Does anyone know if you leave the EU or go to the UK, upon re-entry do you get another 90 days? If not, does the time you spent out of the country (in this case 8 days out of France) come "off" the original 90 days or who to talk to about this?
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2012 3:32 PM
Joined: 03/03/2011
Posts: 100

I can't think of any better place to ask such serious questions other than Dockwalk! Good Luck with that.
 Average 0 out of 5