Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
limited and unlimited certificates.
garciayounes
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:33 PM

Hi. Got a job lately ( seasonal ) but it may turn permanent . The question is should I go for the training in October or in a year ( the boat will pay 50 percent.) My main objectif is the. Oow soonest as possible, I am 31 y old. Good idea to do both certificates in a row ? ( limited , unlimited) thanks for advice.
Oscar Perez
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:14 AM

Education is never a bad thing the more you have the better professional you become on a par with experience always think about the future more certificate and qualification more chances you get on that "good job" went Captain are looking at CV the look at the pictures paperwork and experience
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:33 AM

Have a year of experience before you go sit OOW or you won't have the background to understand what it is you're studying, makes it tougher to learn. If you have a good captain they'll teach it to you in the bridge anyway.

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:25 AM
A limited yacht ticket will take you about a year at sea and 3 months in a class room. An unlimited ticket will take 5 years at sea and 3 years in the class room. Big difference.
garciayounes
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:05 PM

Thanks guys . I ll do one year and learning by my self then I ll go for courses.

Average 0 out of 5
]