Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
OOW IN Durban, accommodation needed!!
JohnSail
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 1:52 AM

Hey guys

Im doing my OOW in Durban South Africa in January, the course lasts more or less 7 weeks, So im looking for accommodation for this time.
Preferably quiet and close to the school, its a big deal and costs a lot of money so a good study environment will be preferred, im looking to rent an apartment with some one doing the same course or other courses, or just even a place on my own, please let me know if you have been through this before and have recommendations on good places to stay or know of anyone that does,

any advice is appreciated.

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 5:46 AM
I did that course there several years ago and stayed upstairs above the school (if they are in the same location I do not know). Surely you have asked the school for that sort of information as they would normally have options of accommodation on hand.

JohnSail
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 10:04 PM

Thank you for the tip, I have talked to the school about it, but I always like to look at all the options, not just go with the first choice.

Average 0 out of 5
]