Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
EX Royal Navy Engineer
Dirty Strainer
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:21 PM

Hi everyone, I am an ex Engineering Techincian (Marine Engineer) 1st Class. Currently working as a motorman on a self proppelled jack up vessel. I would like to hear from any ex Navy lads or people in the know about how I will go about getting my Certs/experience transferred over to civvy life. I know I need my EOOW ticket etc but any further information would be great! Cheers
seaeng
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2013 8:04 AM

Hi, I'm an ex engineer of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary which as you well know work very close with the Royal Navy. After 17 years I took the jump and made the transition over to the yacht world. It was a great decision even though I enjoyed my time in the RFA, I have never looked back! I would seriously recommend it and certainly look to either go down the EOOW route or if not the Y4/Y3 route. The MCA will be able to tell you what exemptions you have and what qualifications can be transferred to obtain your required qualification. As I was MCA/Merchant Navy trained any way I already had the required tickets so it was quite easy to transfer. If you need more information (I have loads) then post your email and I will be happy to help. Good Luck.

Average 0 out of 5
]