Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Antibes 2014
JonHop
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:35 AM

Hey Anna,

I see that you started this thread around the same time last year and thought it would be a good idea to get convertsation started for people like myself headed to Antibes 2015! I know I probably should've started a new post but oh well.  This is my first post on here and I will be a newbie in the yachting world, but super excited to begin a new path. With this I just wanted to ask a few questions, get a few ideas and hear from you/others how your first year in the yachting industry went. The video you posted looks like a blast! I've been doing a lot of research to prepare for this spring. I plan on heading over to Antibes early March to get done with my STCW and new meet people/agencies. I was just wondering if you or anyone else in this thread that headed over last year has any advice in finding that steward/deckhand job. I have a lot of experience in the service industry, working as a server and bartender in nice restaurants so I'm hoping that helps me a litlle bit.  Hope to hear from you and others!

Also, if anyone wants to meet up in Antibes this March I would love to meet up and grab a beer. 

Cheers,

Jon

Nathalie_3
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:51 PM

Bonjour

I am a French masseuse looking for work on a yacht in Antibes in spring.....

Thank you for letting me know where I can get my STCW in Antibes also, please

A bientot au tour d'une Bière

Cheers!

Nathalie

Luke13630
Posted: Monday, January 5, 2015 12:33 AM

Hi Jon,

I will be arriving in Antibes end of March start of April, would be cool to meet up and grab a drink.

Cheers Luke

Arjay23
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:11 PM

so I am 26 years old..currently working for Thomas cook as a wedding planner and really want to get into the yachting industry, it is something I have thought about since I have been travelling, I live in the midlands and am looking for some advice. has anyone completed their STW95, if so where and what would you recommend? when to go to the Antibes? should I do my STW95 before I go Antibes? last but not least where shall I stay? i would love to get to know you guys
luccano
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 3:41 AM

hello everyone. im heading to antibes on april to pick up a work on board a yatch. i have a question where can i get the ENG1 exam ? could i get it at antibes? how long it takes? and what is the cost? 

thanks a lot.

see u overthere! happy 

Luccano.

Helen B
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 12:09 AM

Hi owenanderson, Just wondering how you got on finding work turning up at the end of April in Antibes? Currently in Whistler thinking about the move but have heard it's better to get there early April.. Thanks,
Thomas Roy
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 3:11 AM

What are some good agents that are hiring in the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami area? 

I am new to yachting but I have my 100 ton Masters from being active duty in the coastguard and commercial vessels.

Average 4 out of 5
]