Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
b1 b2 visa renewal
LukeJonesDowling
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 3:24 AM

I need to renew my b1 b2 visa soon. The first one was issued in London a nearly a year ago. Currently in ft lauderdale so i would like to renew it somewhere close by. was looking at the DR but it says on their website that only residents of the DR can apply there. I looked at Jamaica and Panama and they say i can but there may be a delay in my application because im not a national of those countries. Where is the best place to renew a b1 b2 visa? i dont wanna fly all the way back to london because its really expensive.
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:43 AM
B1/B2 visas are usually valid for 10 years...
LukeJonesDowling
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:47 PM

well its actually a B1 visa but i was only given a year.
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:57 PM

B1/B2 Visas can be for 1 or up to 10 years. It will depend on your circumstances and to a certain extent the office where you applied for it. 

London is notorious for only giving 1 year visas. So despite London being the easiest option for British nationals, my fiancee and I went to Barbados, and were issued 10 year B1/B2 visas. We did have a genuine need for the visa though, supported by our employer. The US embassy in Italy is also good for issuing 10 year visas I hear.

LukeJonesDowling
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2014 2:07 AM

I've been researching and i'm even more confused now. I've read that there is no such thing as a b1/b2 visa renewal and that u basically just apply again like the first time. But then on the DR embassy website it talks about non immigrant visa renewals. After scanning the internet for info it seems one can apply in most countries. Maybe just not the DR(although still not sure!)
Andrew Harrison
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 1:05 PM

I went to Costa Rica to do mine but make sure you phone and make an appointment with the embassy before you get there because if you try to do it from there you may end up waiting a week before getting into the embassy which can end up being very expensive. All their details can be found on the web including how to contact them. Flights there and back are relatively expensive but it is the quickest easiest way to get it done. When you fly back make sure you fly back to FL and not Miami, the customs guys there can be difficult at the best of times... Hope this helps!

Average 0 out of 5
]