Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Guest shoes
Franny
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 11:50 PM

Question - I am a yacht stewardess in charge of planning a very high profile, fancy event onboard, with so many guests attending I was wondering about the possibility of guests wearing slippers, as they won't be used to having to take their shoes off upon boarding. 
What type of slippers would anyone suggest?
Is this necessary? Or should guests just remove shoes prior to boarding and go barefoot at the event?

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:35 PM
Franny. Done quite a few of those now. Make absolutely sure the invite says "No Shoes Onboard". Always have some type of slippers available for the people that don't understand or forget. Some people will bring their own deck shoes to change into. Most people will not mind, and will go barefoot, as they are used to the formalities (or informalities..!! ) of yacht life and living. The difficult ones who argue, and will not take their shoes off can go home..! And believe you me, we and the owners have done that in the past.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:03 PM
The first time we had a guest slip down the stairs with those stupid paper shoes our boss said that from this day forward he would rather replace the teak floor than have to pay for a lawyer from dealing with a slip and fall aboard. So our teak soles became tattered and boss said then when the get to tattered we will just replace them as even then it will be cheaper than medical bills. We put BOAT SHOES NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT on invites. Even then we went out an purchased a few dozen boat shoes and would lend them to guests. Still cheaper than a law suit. Smart boss. I miss him.
LoomLuxuryLinens
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:15 PM

Hello Franny,

Slippers are a great added touch for guests at a luxury event. I suggest a colored slipper, like black, to stand out from the average spa slipper. The slipper can also be embroidered with your boats name or logo, to give a refined look and also give the guests a lasting impression. This added bonus will only reflect on your attentiveness to the guest and won't break the bank. Hope this helps! If you want help getting a hold of custom slippers, please reach out to us anytime, info@loomlux.com 

Cheers-

Samanthawink

The Yachtie Glow
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:32 PM

Samantha I think you hit the nail on the head! I love the idea of black slippers with the boats logo on them. Maybe the boat logo could be on the side to make them a bit classier.  Either way, great idea. 

Angela

The Yachtie Glow

www.angelaorecchio.com

Facebook: The Yachtie Glow

Average 1 out of 5
]