Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
From stew to cook
AlyseA
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:57 PM

I've been a stew on an 82" private yacht for a year, doing light cooking. The owners are keen to have me do all the cooking now, and I'm excited. Culinary school is probably in my future, but for now, can anybody advise on how I might improve my skills? 

Are there any other stews who made the transition to cook? Is it possible to shadow another yacht chef? I suppose my specific need now is with menu development; I've written a couple menus for these guests, but I could use help with developing the dishes, execution, technique, presentation, etc.

Any ideas, resources, advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 7:57 PM
I was a stew on a yacht that had to cook for the crew when the chef went on holiday, and one of the girls loved it so much that she moved into becoming a chef, reach out to her through her website: http://www.chefrachelaguiar.com/ Good luck! I hope this helps!

Average 0 out of 5
]