Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Commercial Chief Mate
Vitamin_sea87
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 11:04 AM

Morning Everyone

I have just passed my Chief Mates Unlimited in Warsash.I am coming from the Commercial side looking for a break into Yachting.I have visited Antibes and registered with most of the Agencies.I come from the Offshore fleet so am pretty handy at ship handling/berthing/anchoring and all that good stuff.I think I have done everything I can in seeking a 3rd/2nd Mate position and now its a waiting game.Does anyone have any other advice for me or have been in this particular situation before?

dogus
Posted: Saturday, May 6, 2017 1:33 AM

We are in the same boat. I'm a chief mate unlimited as well. Making hobbies like fishing, diving and kitesurfing may help with commonly interested boat owners. 

And I hear about powerboat 2 cert.  all the time. I doubt it worth 450€ for two days. Unfortunately it is a point to sell yourself. Nobody interested in sharing experience with inexperienced. 

I will try to catch a boat to Florida at the end of Med season. I doubt how likely it is. I will go for any position at the beginning. 

Average 0 out of 5