Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
B1/B2 Visa Denials
Hillary
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:58 PM

Dockwalk has received several stories from crew about an increase in B1/B2 visa denials. What has been your experience this season?
theyachtchef
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:02 PM

I am currently at the Bennetti yard in Livorno, Italy.  There has been 2 crew here that have been denied outright and 1 that has been given only 1 year.   So  yes there does seems to be some changes?
Alex33Kop
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:29 PM

I received my B1/B2 2 years ago. I applied alone without any boats papers. Just had my cv on me, all maritime certificates and helluva confidence that i will get the visa. I had an interview in US Embassy in Krakow, Poland.

I explained them that Im working on a yachts and we work in winter in The Caribbean. sometimes we do join the boots in Florida and sometimes we do enter US ports thus we need the visa. It was 10 min interview and i got my visa for 10 years.

Our stew just joined us from Poland with B1/B2 visa. She entered in US and had no problems...

Biscayforce12
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:49 AM

My twins, on seperate yachts, both had their B1/B2 visa's refused in Italy along with other members of their respective crews. 

Both of them then got them, withing one day of each other, in Madrid and both for 10 years without restrictions, as did their crew mates.

There would seem to be a disparity between issuing countries even when the information supplied to the respective embassies is the same.

Average 0 out of 5