Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Delivery and Cruising job opportunities
jmowbray
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 3:14 AM

Does anyone happen to know of a website that list delivery or cursing job opportunities on motor yachts? I found this: https://www.crewseekers.net/opportunities/. Which is a nice website setup for sailing vessels. I have seen few and far job postings for these specific jobs on the boards I watch. Maybe I'm watching the wrong ones, I kind of am new to this. I currently watch daywork123, luxyachts, Facebook, crewcompass, YachtMe and yacrew. Just wondering if I'm missing some major ones. Like I said I'm green but not REAL green. I grew up on boats my entire life and just did a season as a deckhand/engineer/interior on a charter boat up here in Michigan that specializes in dinner cruises and weddings. Loved every minute or it! I'm sure you have heard this a million times but I want to make a career out of it. I currently hold a desk job and hate every minute of it. I'm not outside (can't even see out a window) and there's no water in sight, NOT my cup of tea.  

I'm looking for any input you all can provide.  

Thank you for your replies 

Jared 

Wally12
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:52 AM

Its not likely that you will find many delivery jobs listed.  Most boats  that need some extra help for a delivery only hire somebody they already know or come recommended from somebody they trust.  If you want to make this your career you will need to jump in with both feet and get a full time job.  South Florida would probably be your best bet.

Good luck!

Average 0 out of 5
]