Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Recommendation for Master 3000 ton tutor at Warsash?
T
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:18 PM

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a private tutor in Warsah area to help with study for Master 3000 ton exam? Thanks!
Neptune13
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:30 AM

Contact Ben Benson in Warsash who is in charge of the yachting department. There are several tutors there who will do individual tuition. contact me if you need details
OlieTempleman
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:24 AM

The best private tutor in the Warsash area is without doubt John Williams. He works alongside Warsash, so they can give you contact details. He normally does oral exam prep work. A little pricey but everyone who has studied with him swears by him! Good Luck!
Jeremy
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:15 PM

John can give you Barry Sadlers info, he is fantastic. Also Mac Dunning for business and law. Get all four and you will nail it.
obi-1
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:38 PM

Barry is a very good tutor. 07766 012185. Book early-these guys are popular.
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:25 PM
Barry Sadler is the most relevant for overall syllabus to cover. He is not only a tutor but an active Pilot for Southampton Port. He does private tutoring from Warsash itself, where as John Williams does it from his home. Either way, you can use the library at Warsash as it’s a public library. you just can’t take books out. But it’s got the best maritime references any where I’ve seen
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 8:47 PM

2014- Mr. Fred is the  "Best of the Best" for MCA - OOW & Masters Oral Prep. He is the principal instructor for GSK & Nav Radar at United Kingdom Sailing Academy -UKSA, Isle of Wight.

A young serving MCA Master (3000gt) hence effectively understands yachts crew methodology & dynamics. 96% pass rate and growing.

Provides assistance from Start to Finish (TRB to Oral Exam). Provides own notes on MAC Kindle so no need to run to public libraries also has all the marine equipment and publications that you could encounter at the Oral exam.

Please visit the website/email to re-check: http://www.fredsoralprep.com for availability of dates as only 3 students/ batch.

Mobile: +44 7770 942 446
Email: fred@fredsoralprep.com

Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2018 3:22 PM
I used Barry recently, for my Masters 3000. I started with his on line ( e learning) then saw him face to face. Passed after failing twice before elsewhere. I thought his knowledge, especially on Colregs and certification was brilliant. His on line course fully prepared me and I can thoroughly recommend his training.

Average 5 out of 5
]