Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Argentinian Tickets on red flagged boats
RedGreenBlue
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 3:57 AM

hey guys and girls, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this dilemma: What are the options for working on red flagged charter boats with an argentinian ticket? My old chief told me that the mca won't recognise an argentinian ticket. Even though Argentina is on the IMO white list, it doesn't appear on the MGN 221 (M) Annex 1 list of "COUNTRIES WHOSE CERTIFICATES OF COMPETENCY HAVE BEEN EVALUATED FOR THE PURPOSES OF COMPARING STANDARDS OF COMPETENCY WITH THOSE OF THE UK" I'm guessing this might have something to do with the Falklands war?! Thanks in advance for any pointers
Chief
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:21 AM

Unless you are specifically looking to work on a UK flagged boat, don't worry too much about it. If you have an STCW ticket you will probably have no problem obtaining an endorsement from other members of the Red Ensign Group of Flags.

Apply directly to those Flags most commonly seen on yachts for specific information as each maritime authority determines on a case by case basis at what level they will endorse a "foreign" certificate for use on their vessels.

Good luck

Average 0 out of 5
]