Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
composing a message - how do I insert an empty line
murf
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 10:37 PM

When I post a message on the Dockwalk forum, all my empty lines (new paragraphs) are ignored and my message comes out as one long -difficult to read- paragraph. Surely there must be a way to do some simple lay-out? [new paragraph] Also: how do I post a link to another website that people can actually click and don't need to copy and paste?
rodsteel
Posted: Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:51 AM

murf,

It seems to be related to the web browser being used.

If the text area gives me trouble (and it does intermittently on IE8), I pre-stage the post in Notepad and then cut and paste the result.

To get a link that "works" usually requires pre-posting in Word or cut/paste from a browser URL address line with an immediate new-line to get it "recognized".

http://www.google.com/

I also find I usually need to insert two new-lines to get one

Rod

murf
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:38 PM

Hi rodsteel, Thank you for your help! I am using chrome. I typed this in Word and copied and pasted it in the form. Let’s see how it comes out... Murf PS: Wow, you can even do smileys!
murf
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:36 PM

Ah, I see now that with Firefox I get the option to lay-out the text. With Chrome I don't have any options.

The dockwalk forum is seriously outdated, they are not supporting the most used browser...

Average 0 out of 5
]