Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
working in the Med/us
HappyRat
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:12 AM

ey guys, i have searched through out the forums but could not find any posts that could directly help me, sorry. i am an australian and i am looking to break away to the med and do my 5 day course in preperation of working a season there and hopefully a season in the US, i would like to do this as a career. in terms of Visas what would be the best way going about it, should i apply for my schengan visa periodically getting a seamans book for the country in which the yacht is based ? or should i go the us and get my B1/2 (10 year) and then get my seamans book ( or equivilant ) . sorry once again, i know this has probably been adressed numerous times, but your help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:30 AM

With respect, start by punctuating all your posts, emails and correspondences. Everything else looks lazy and unprofessional.
juanita
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:54 PM

@robert- really mature awnser mate. It is almost impossible to get a B1B2 Visa without a job onboard a yacht. You could try , although it is quite pricey , you have to pay the fee even if they deny the visa, look into it. Get to the med , get a deckie job and then apply would probably be the best way forward!

Average 4 out of 5
]