Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Forum


In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
what can I do for my B1/B2 visa in the states?
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:18 PM
Joined: 21/11/2011
Posts: 2

Hey everybody,


i have a b1/b2 visa, i used to work on a foreign flag vessel before as a stewardess.

today i had to go to the immigration to do custom clearance. at this time i dont have a boat, i just

enjoyed a vessel for 4 days on Cat Cay in Bahamas as a guest.

I refilled all paperwork and afterthat they took me to the back office and srarted to asking me a lot of questions. What I am doing in the states, where is my return flight ticket, how much is the crew house, do i have a credit card, how much money i have,how many people enjoyed the vessel, the owner did offer for me a was soo scary...

Anyway i just wondering to interest what can I do for my b1/b2 visa in the states?

if the boat is foreign flag and the company who is managing the boat is american company, still can I enjoy the boat for freelance?

can I get a job or looking for a job  on the foreign flag vessel while this boat residing in the states?

if the boat owner is american or american company, I have to pay tax in the states! how can I do it if i dont have a social security number?










 Average 0 out of 5