Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Fun French Menu Ideas for Bastille Day
The Grateful Palate Provisions
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:12 PM

By Chef Hector Lopez, Director of Provisioning, The Grateful Palate Provisions 

I hope you all had a fun, safe Fourth of July holiday and a chance to try our Red, White and Blue burger idea!  This next post is a tribute to another celebration of independence, Bastille Day.  The French national holiday commemorates the storming of the Bastille prison, which took place on July 14, 1789 and marked the beginning of the French Revolution.  Americans have the Fourth of July and the French have Bastille Day. In each country, the national holiday symbolizes life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. 

In my pursuit to provide you with fresh and exciting menu ideas for your own events, below I’ve included a sampling from our Bastille Day menu, which includes a delicious selection of easy-to-prepare French cuisine, paired with delicious wines, perfect for creating your own Bastille Day celebration.  As always, please email me with any questions.

Tomorrow, Thursday, July 11, The Grateful Palate restaurant will host its 4th Annual Bastille Day Celebration from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., so if you don’t have plans, please give us a call, as  there might be a spot or two available. We’ve got some fun things planned, including a champagne sabering demonstration, live French music and an exciting prix fixe menu.

Before we get to the menu, here’s the biggest news on our plate: Saturday, July 13 will be the last day of service at our current Grateful Palate restaurant location on Southeast 17th Street. We’re moving to a spectacular waterfront location on the Intracoastal Waterway just south of Oakland Park Boulevard where we look forward to welcoming you to the dockside Grateful Palate Provisioning, Events by The Grateful Palate and the new Shooters Fort Lauderdale.  More details to come.  Now for the Bastille Day menu:

First course: 

French onion soup  

Wine pairing: 

Val de Mer Crémant de Bourgogne Brut Rose NV   

Second course: 

Mussels Provencal 

Wine pairing: 

Dominique Cornin Mâcon-Chaintré, Mâconnais 2011 

Third course: 

Steak au poivre with truffle parmesan frites 

Wine pairing: 

Chateau du Cedre "Cedrus" Malbec Comte do Tolosam 2011  

Dessert: 

Mille-Feuille (Napoleon can also be found at many local bakeries)  

Wine pairing: 

Charles Hours "Clos Uroulat" Moelleux Jurançon 2010 

For questions, please email me at provisions@thegratefulpalate.com. I’d love to hear from you.  For more information, please visit our website, thegratefulpalate.com.

Average 0 out of 5
]