Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Schengen visa
mheyns
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:25 PM

Hi, I am a South African citizen with a valid British Virgin Islands work permit and residency.  I am currently in the USA on holiday with my B1/B2.  My boss has just let me know that he has purchased a new yacht and that I need to go to Bordeaux France to pick it up. I am need of a Schengen visa, but from what I have read online I am unable to apply for a French Schengen in the US not being a US citizen.  I tried calling the French Embassy in NYC and am unable to speak to anyone.  Can anyone give me any advice?
Thank you

Brett
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 6:41 AM

I have been successful at the french embassy in the past. Just have the correct paperwork and you will be fine.
Brett
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 6:42 AM

In Miami.
mheyns
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 7:04 AM

Thank you. How do you get around having a original return ticket to South Africa? I live in the BVI. Also there is no registration papers yet since the yacht is new. The owner has provided me with the signed sales contract. Always a mission with visas for us.
mheyns
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 7:23 AM

Can you get it from the French embassy in the US?
Brett
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 11:33 PM

I had the yacht papers and a letter from the owners stating cruising plans.

Average 0 out of 5
]