Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
ENG 1 Valencia Spain
PBOC
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 3:44 PM

Hi,
I am currently in Valencia, Spain and I need to get my ENG 1 renewed. Does anyone know of a doctor here that can do it?
Thanks,
Patricia

Macrae99
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:34 AM

Hi Patricia, To get an ENG1 you have to go to an approved MCA doctor and your nearest is Mallorca. However you can confirm this with your emplorer but a Spanish seafarers medical is accepted and equivalent to the ENG1. It's in MSN 1815 So any employer should allow you to do this!!
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:28 AM
You will have to go to Palma for that. Several crew in the last 2 years thT were based in Valencia for the winter had the same issue. We even tried to get info for Spanish equivalent but they were not very helpful.
Matt
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:13 AM

Hi Patricia, I am Spanish, although I work in Antibes as Captain. I always get my Medical for seafares in Spain since its free if you have a spanish seamans book. You will have to find out where the INSTITUTO SOCIAL DE LA MARINA office is, and ask there. You would need a blood and urine analysis done (can be private) to STCW standards (they'll know) and have a marine doctor check you and give you the certificate, which is also in English, following conventions bla bla bla. MCA recognises it as a valid ENG1 (have the mail if you want). Good luck.

Average 4 out of 5
]