Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Working on yachts in Australia
AYC
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 2:03 AM

We've noticed a great increase in the number of crew travelling in Australia and seeking work over the past few months, so just wanted to take an opportunity to help some crew out whilst on the job search.

Firstly please remember that if you are intending to work whilst in Australia you should have a Working Visa, the majority if yachts that are based in Australian waters are registered and regulated by the Australian authorities and as such the crew must meet the taxation and working permit requirements. Some yachts will assist crew to obtain these permits - in a recent instance we were recruiting for a 35m Superyacht based in Fremantle, Western Australia. They were seeking several crew and prepared to offer assistance for travel to the country plus sponsorship for visas and other requirements. ** This is a rare instance though **

If you are currently in Australia on a Tourist Visa and actively seeking employment then you are in breach of your stay, also for us - as an Australian registered Recruitment agency we cant help you find work in the region  as it is an illegal activity under your visa class. 

So how do I find work in Australia you ask ? It is a difficult question and the best advise we can give is to network, contact all the agencies (I shall list them below) and then speak to as many crew, captains and Australians as possible to find out if any yachts may be seeking crew. The Australian yachting industry is quite small and everybody know each other, if there is a job going the news spreads fast. 

Australian Crew Agencies

- AYC Superyacht Recruitment www.ayc.com.au
- Crew Pacific www.crewpacific.com.au 
- Find-a-crew www.findacrew.net
- Relief Yacht Crew www.reliefyachtcrew.com
- Yacht Crew Australia www.yachtcrewaustralia.com 

For information about immigration, visa and online applications please visit www.immi.gov.au

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct, 

Stephen Crone
AYC Superyacht Recruitment

Rajkumar
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 1:57 AM

I want job as a lLaundry steward. .......
ADEM
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 10:30 AM

hi  sir.  l  m  looking  job. l m deckhand

Average 0 out of 5
]