Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Crew denied re-entry because FF vessel hasn't left the US for a period of time
Paxie
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:17 PM

Hi all, I'm trying to get some clarification on this. An Aussie crew member did a few days in the Bahamas and was denied entry to the US. Not the first story like this that I've heard recently, but the reason given was that the boat hadn't left the US water for a period of time. Has anyone heard of anything like that? I don't have exact details of the individuals exact visa status other than it was a B1B2....

THANKS

Dakinecapt
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 5:20 PM

From my understanding, FF vessels must leave the US once every year as per their cruising permit. If the vessel over stays this can become a problem as all FF vessels must always list their movements while in the US and is watched more than the individuals on B1B2's....Customs and Border Patrol has been cracking down on the "Visa Run" yachties as well. Times are changing!
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 8:15 PM
I had exactly the same thing happen to me once - only the admitting officer CLAIMED the boat had not left. When I asked him to have another look in my passport at an exit stamped two months prior, he refused to do so and I was denied anyway and had my visa cancelled to boot. Long story short, threw my toys out of the cot, complained very loudly to his boss in Dublin and six months later, was given back the exact visa which had been taken from me. Go figure... Sometimes you could swear these guys - and gals - from Border Protection were sent to the school of unpleasantness. Other times, they are just as sweet as sugar pie! I guess, just because they can be!

Average 4 out of 5
]