Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Crew Chef
Luisa
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:31 AM

I'm interviewing for a crew chef position and they want me to go and cook for them.

I'm a little unsure if i should cook like a normal meal i would serve to guests or what i would normally serve to crew. What kind of food would you cook? I'd really appreciate some advice. 

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 6:13 PM

Interviewing with the Captain or the Owners?

Either way, if I were a Chef I would be looking to impress with my dishes for the Owner... not the crew!

CaptErik
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 6:32 PM

I would ask them what they would like me to cook, if they tell you to just cook anything, go balls to the wall, do what you think is your best stuff.Wow them. I have to say that I do not think that cooking for the crew should be any less than for guests, although less foo foo, but quality and ingredients should be no different.
Caroline von Broembsen
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 6:52 PM

I would cook as if for crew but agreed that the ingredients should not be too varied.

Then i would show two plating options, one for guests and one for crew.

Keep the meal extremely simple and delicious, then wow them with the ability to present it for guests quickly or simply for crew with the same level of flavor.

This will show great skill and flexibility - and corner both ends of the job.

Good luck 

Caroline 

Average 0 out of 5