RSS Feed Print
composing a message - how do I insert an empty line
murf
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 10:37 PM

When I post a message on the Dockwalk forum, all my empty lines (new paragraphs) are ignored and my message comes out as one long -difficult to read- paragraph. Surely there must be a way to do some simple lay-out? [new paragraph] Also: how do I post a link to another website that people can actually click and don't need to copy and paste?
rodsteel
Posted: Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:51 AM

murf,

It seems to be related to the web browser being used.

If the text area gives me trouble (and it does intermittently on IE8), I pre-stage the post in Notepad and then cut and paste the result.

To get a link that "works" usually requires pre-posting in Word or cut/paste from a browser URL address line with an immediate new-line to get it "recognized".

http://www.google.com/

I also find I usually need to insert two new-lines to get one

Rod

murf
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:38 PM

Hi rodsteel, Thank you for your help! I am using chrome. I typed this in Word and copied and pasted it in the form. Let’s see how it comes out... Murf PS: Wow, you can even do smileys!
murf
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:36 PM

Ah, I see now that with Firefox I get the option to lay-out the text. With Chrome I don't have any options.

The dockwalk forum is seriously outdated, they are not supporting the most used browser...