RSS Feed Print
working in the Med/us
HappyRat
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:12 AM

ey guys, i have searched through out the forums but could not find any posts that could directly help me, sorry. i am an australian and i am looking to break away to the med and do my 5 day course in preperation of working a season there and hopefully a season in the US, i would like to do this as a career. in terms of Visas what would be the best way going about it, should i apply for my schengan visa periodically getting a seamans book for the country in which the yacht is based ? or should i go the us and get my B1/2 (10 year) and then get my seamans book ( or equivilant ) . sorry once again, i know this has probably been adressed numerous times, but your help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:30 AM

With respect, start by punctuating all your posts, emails and correspondences. Everything else looks lazy and unprofessional.
juanita
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:54 PM

@robert- really mature awnser mate. It is almost impossible to get a B1B2 Visa without a job onboard a yacht. You could try , although it is quite pricey , you have to pay the fee even if they deny the visa, look into it. Get to the med , get a deckie job and then apply would probably be the best way forward!