RSS Feed Print
Antibes 2015
Colin Van Haeften
Posted: Monday, January 5, 2015 4:14 AM

Hey!

I'm a chef from Perth Australia, heading to Antibes at the end of march for work. New to yachting so it would be great to start talking to some people who are also heading over at this time. Be nice to have some friends over there! I couldn't see a conversation started for this year, only 2014? someone please tell me if there is!

I was hoping to get into a crew house but it seems they are all booked out! So airbnb is looking pretty good, quite a few apartments close to the harbour if any one is keen to share? Or maybe has any other info on accommodation?

Happy travels!

Colin

markpatterson
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2015 1:30 PM

Hey Colin,

I am from Adelaide and am thinking of heading over in April. Would be great to know someone over there. Have you got facebook? Might be easier to communicate on there.

Mark

Colin Van Haeften
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:44 AM

Hey mate yeah no worries its http://facebook.com/colin.colin.9
ceciliejoy
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:14 PM

Hi. 
I am going to Antibes as well in March. 
Have you found any crew houses yet to stay at?
Would be great to meet up with someone in Antibes..

Cecilie
Elaine Catherine
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:46 PM

Hi, 

I'm new to the industry also.  I'm heading out to Antibes early April and staying at The Crew Grapevine.  Hope you all manage to find accommodation.  I'm super excited about starting a new career but also a little apprehensive since i'm giving up a stable job that i've had for 14 years!! Got to take a risk at some point in your life though eh! 

Happy to meet up with anyone once in Antibes happy  

Tech girl
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 5:29 PM

Hi Elaine,

What are you going to be doing in this industry?

I am starting to by the beginning of march I will be there with my girlfriend.

rog24
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 12:31 AM

Hello.

I am also heading to Antibes in March and staying in the crew grapevine. New to this industry also but looking forward to a new challenge. Would be great to meet new people over there. 

Hope to see some of ye at some stage. 

Colin Van Haeften
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:25 AM

Hi Cecilie!

No i ended up getting an apartment through air bnb. Great location not far from the train station, pics look ok but you never really know till you get there! 

If anyone wants to add me on fb feel free, I'm happy to meet up with anyone when i arrive.

mike87
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:35 AM

Hey guys, 

Michael from Brisbane, Im also heading to Antibes at the Start of April. I got accom at the crewhouse. will be nice to meet up with all you guys once im in Antibes. 

Joe.Issa
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2015 12:37 PM

Hey all,

If you guys are looking for accommodation in antibes & crew houses are booked. I stayed in a self contained apartment in 2013 its called 'Residence Resideal Antibes'. I don't know how it is now but when i stayed there were alot of newbies, yachties with experience staying there too. It's great to get an apartment with other people makes the rent cheaper, close to antibes train station and agencies 

I've stayed at the crew house this winter & any crew house you stay at its good networking. 

I'm currently on a yacht now, but I'm happy to meet up with anyone whos new to the industry & wants to be shown around 

Heres my facebook https://www.facebook.com/joe.issa.7

Enjoy. 

Joe

Tomr91
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Hi Guys, I am heading out to Antibes the first week of April to look for my first deckhand job. Will be staying at the grapevine. Eventually would like to share a apartment with someone if things don't move very fast. Would be good to meet some people out there for a beer and a chat Cheers Tom
Luke13630
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:12 AM

Hi guys

I am heading to Antibes at the end of March from the UK, would be awesome to meet some new friends

Feel free to drop me an email or Facebook 

Luke davis

L.r.davis@hotmail.com 

See you soon and good luck  

Luke 

Lexi Christensen
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 8:13 AM

Hey

If anyone is reading this and wants to get a house together from airbnb or something then drop me an email. My address is alexijanechristensen@gmail.com 

I'm a kiwi, just moved to Antibes from Australia and new to the industry. 

Will be seeing you all at the docks

Fabijan
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 11:14 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm Fabijan from Croatia, just got here in Antibes. Will be looking to stay at the crewhouse but if anyone is interested in sharing a studio I'm down for that. I'm here for dockwalking and perhaps a steady/seasolan job. Anyone also new to this please e-mail me at fabijan.pavlovic@gmail.com

Would be nice to know someone in a new town Cheers