RSS Feed Print
How to select a decent VSAT service provider?
Marine VSAT
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:13 AM

Captains & Crew,

I'm keen to understand how you select a new VSAT service provider when you feel your current provider isn't delivering what they used to?

With so many elements of a good service and the reality is, all you require is fast internet that allows you to upgrade or downgrade as required and no hidden charges and great support, it's a real mine-field out there! So how do you you work through the rubbish and find the providers which best fit the requirements of the owners and yacht?

The acronyms: MIR, CIR, MBR, VoiP, Mbps, Kbps, SNR, CNR, C/N, BUC, ABS, how do you work out the best when each provider packages their offering differently? That's before you begin coverage zones, regional charges and yard periods.

Well, short of decades of experience and learning the tricks of the trade its really tough!

The immediate solution is to post a question here and let me deliver some answers. Regardless of the provider you are with or considering i'm happy to help the industry where possible make more informed informed choices.

Failing that search for my brief VSAT 101 article which has been posted on Linkedin.