RSS Feed Print
The best way to wash and wax and polish
T
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:33 PM

Hello -

I've been tasked with purchasing a polisher for an 82' trideck yacht.  The hull is blue and requires constant upkeep.  The owner quizzes me about who I talked to before I purchase a new tool for the boat.  So I'm asking the forum for polisher recommendations.  From what I read on the Internet the Porter Cable high speed polisher (random orbital) comes highly recommended.  Does anyone have experience with this product or any other recommendations? Do I need all the accessories advertised?  I'm in the Sausalito, CA area but am willing to travel to eyeball the product and play with it. 

Also we are using a 3m product to clean the nonskid surfaces on the boat but I have not been impressed.  Has anyone else found a more effective product?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.  Tami

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:52 PM
If you are after a High Speed Buffer - you cannot go past MAKITA - they are by far the superior high speed machine - in my experience. Try Oxi-clean on the non skid - sprinkle it on the wet surface - you can leave it for a few mins then srub like crazy! hope this helps