Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Arriving in Antibes 1st Apr - Can't find accommodation! Help! :)
Honey
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 6:55 AM

Hey girls and boys! 

I'm another newbie to the industry, coming from Melbourne, Australia arriving at the Antibes on the 1st of April. I'm so excited to begin this journey, however getting a little nervous as it seems that most crew houses are either full or overpriced at this time of the year! :-/ 

So finding people in the same boat as I to look for shared accommodation (unit/flat) may be the way to go!!! 

If you arriving at a similar time, or are already there and have a spare bed OR can just offer some advice, I would LOVE to hear from you!! (plus wouldn't hurt to make a friend or two before I get there)  

You can also email me if interested!!  

haniyhe.malekdoost@gmail.com

Thanks!!  

Simon
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:10 AM

hey how you going, I started off in antibes last year, try 'resideal' or appart city for accommodation. otherwise air b'n'b for a holiday appt. you can expect to be forking out between 250-1000 euro a week depending on appt and number of people. I'm in Melbourne and will be heading back to Antibes around the 10 April. my name is Simon- 0434847877. give us call if you want some more info?

Tess Gleeson
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:10 AM

Heya!

I'm in the same situation, finding it quite hard to find accommodation that is decent or reasonably priced. Heading over on the 12th April, If you do end up getting an apartment message me as I could be very keen to join! 

Thanks,

Tess

tessariella@gmail.com

graham.vart
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:30 AM

Hello, my name is graham and I'm also a newbie, il be arriving on the 9th of May I'm South African but I've Ben in Ireland for a few years. My email address is graham.vart@gmail.com so if you have something sorted it would be great.

Cheers

Graham

Honey
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:56 AM

Hey Simon, thanks for the info! I'll be hitting you up tomorrow to rack your brains for sure!  

I've just booked to stay at Antares Hostel in Nice which is apparently right across from the station and am on the waiting list for the crew houses. 

Tess & Graham, keep in touch with me prior to arrival - I can keep you guys posted if I happen to find something whilst there or even prior!  

Honey

Becscrewhouse
Posted: Saturday, March 1, 2014 8:09 AM

Hi,  Ive crew accomodation, check out my facebook page.  Becs Crew House.  In Antibes, cheap and clean with everything nessesary to find that job.  cheers
Melody Stitt
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:05 AM

Hey Honey! I'm in the same boat!

I'm heading over to antibes for the first time too!. I arrive on the 2nd April coming from Sydney I've just booked a room right in the centre of town (3 min walk to the port and agencies). I'm interested in sharing some accom as everything left at the moment is pretty expensive. 

The room I have booked has 2 beds, bathroom, kitchen, if your interested? 

Or I'd be keen to find something else to share? 

Have u had much luck? 

Mel

Besniq82
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 11:56 AM

Hi all try with this Beccas Crew house 

https://www.facebook.com/becshouse?fref=ts

Honey
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 8:03 AM

Hi Mel, 

I'm Very interested!!! I have so far only booked 3 nights accommodation in Nice so would love to move in with you after that until we find something else... There has been a few ppl emailing me interested to find shared accomm so then we could prob get together to do that! 

MSG/call me 0401 334 631 would love to have a chat with you! X

Lucy Reid
Posted: Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:01 PM

Hi honey,

I have had issues finding accommodation too everywhere seems fully booked it's my first time going and I'm planning on heading out there 24th march. I also want to know how much roughly you would need to stay out there for a month?

Hope to stay in touch! My email is lucyannreid@outlook.com 

Speak soon! X

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:43 PM

Check out Anglo Info Riviera.

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/classifieds/index/1004/category/residential-for-rent/viewclassified/331975/large-3p-apartment

Ashway
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:54 PM

Hi guys, 
             I'm arriving in Antibes on the 2nd April and in the same boat as you.. 
I have a found a place in Juan Les Pains from the 1st April. It sleeps four and will cost just less than €100 
a week.
Just wondering if any of you are still looking for somewhere to stay or not??  
Let me know 
Thanks 
Ash 

dmalo
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:23 PM

Hey,

I'm in Antibes at the moment got a place through airbnb for a week but having trouble finding somewhere else and check out on Sat. Crew houses seem to be full and anything else on airbnb or equivalent would blow through my budget. If anyone knows of anything going much appreciated if you could let me know.

Thanks

Danny
Dani Keay
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:05 PM

Hi Guys, 

Like most of you, it is also my first season in the yachting industry. Im South African and will be arriving in Antibes on 10 April. I have booked accomodation in a crew house in Antibes for 5 nights and then I will be looking to stay in an apartment. So if either myself or you all hear about anything please lets keep in touch. 

daniellakeay@yahoo.com

Darija
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:39 PM

Hi there, I am also looking for a place from April 4th for about 3 weeks. Did any of you found a place we can share? If so you can send me email dariha03@yahoo.com
Honey
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:13 PM

Hey Guys I may have found an apartment in Nice close to train station which sleeps 6. So far I have 3 definates if anyone else is interested email me asap, or better yet msg me on viber 0401334631 It will work out to be 11Eur per night.
Allahna Anderson
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 2:57 PM

Hello, 

If anyone is looking for a bed I possibly have one available in Antibes. 

Email me if you are interested. 

allahna.anderson@icloud.com

Cheers. 

RossWhit
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:30 PM

Arriving 25th may need a bed for 1 night? 

Anyone

Thanks

Email rosswhitworth1@hotmail.com

Average 0 out of 5
]