Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Are things really that bad? (Palma de Mallorca)
morganic
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 2:13 PM

Hi guys/gals, 

I'm new to the industry,  and just arrived in Palma.  All I keep hearing is how bad things are at the moment get work. That is really quiet and is virtually impossible.  I know I haven't arrived at the best time,  but are things really that difficult. I did some dock walking today and got nowhere. Any small hints or tips?
Cheers, 
Morgan

David Green
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 5:49 PM

Hello I'm not in the super yacht industry yet but I'm planning on looking for an engineering  position with in the next few weeks. 

From what I've seen on this site and many others that the most people books accomidation for around 4-6 weeks if not longer while dock walking to try and get a position onboard. Try the yards where boats are having work done. And go to the main land and travel up and down the coast 

Keep at it and I'm sure you will find something 

Good luck 

David 

Average 0 out of 5
]