Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
anyone else dock-walking?
ceciliejoy
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:31 PM

Hi there. 

I got my STCW95 training course, my ENG1 and my B1/B2, which means that I am all set and ready to go and find a job!
But I do however want to know how it's done.. It's my first time dock walking, 

- And, is there anyone else dock-walking soon in Europe, Antibes ect? 
would be fun to catch up with someone. I promise, I'm good fun happy

Kindest regards
Ceciliejoy

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:38 AM
ceciliejoy wrote:
 I promise, I'm good fun happy

Kindest regards
Ceciliejoy

OOOOO ERRR!  

PS. Good luck in your search though.

Velociraptorus
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2014 12:44 PM

Europe isn't the best place to be this time of year as most yachts are mid crossing or already over in the Carib. If you can, get over there. Antigua, Fort Lauderdale maybe even St Maarten. There are still some jobs in europe but the boats won't be going anywhere. Good luck
VALERIO
Posted: Friday, December 5, 2014 8:46 PM

Hi everyone! Im doing the same thing, but i left italy for comin here in ft lauderdale confident that i could find something,but i m recognizing is not easy for newbie, i have all documents needed but agencies do not care about me because don't have a 6 months or one year previous experience. Someone knows what else i could do? I m walkin around trying to know how to move in the best way to find a job. I'm a deck cadet. Availabilty and motivation are very high as you can see from the fact that i come in florida with a 11 hours flight without anything in my hands,but still nothing after two weeks. I also signed at daywork 1 2 3, any suggestions? Thanks very much everyone
Mor Inbar
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 9:14 PM

Hello I am in Ft. Lauderdale and looking for a position as a chef on a vessel, I am currently a private chef/deck hand on a vessel but looking for something bigger and better with Pay$$.. I have my STCW -95 and lots of kitchen/chef experience, I am also a member in crew finders, crew network ect.. but no luck yet... looking for some one to join the search or any suggestions as to what or where else I could look?????????? Thanks and happy holidays

Average 0 out of 5
]