Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Visa help!
Lmbake
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2015 11:10 PM

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are very experienced in the hospitality industry, he is a chef and I am a food and beverage attendant. We're both from New Zealand and are currently working in France at a luxury chalet, we're both on a one year French working holiday visa and fall under the scheengan visa waiver scheme. What I'm after advise on is what visas we need before we start looking for work on the boats for the upcoming summer season, and does anyone know if we can apply for them from France? Or anywhere over here really as New Zealand is a long way to go for a visa!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Moss
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:10 AM

Kia Ora Lmbake
My partner and I are also newbies and Kiwis and getting into the industry. We just got our B1/B2 Visas for US waters, but other than that I don't think we need anything for other areas, eg Med/Europe. Through our research and talking to others I'm pretty sure the Scheengan covers Kiwis for everywhere else.

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:21 PM
Hi forum i have just started my first step into the yachting industry.As a newbie dockwalking would be the ideal option to start out. But that would mean working on my visa. Any advice or tips on how to go about the visa process as it would just mean searching for work without actuallly having a proper employment letter.

Average 0 out of 5
]