Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
From the beginning to now
alexkempin
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2015 11:43 PM

Hello team Dockwalk.

I am an aspiring deckhand currently living in New Zealand and I have been browsing this forum for a couple of days (not in a row) and I cannot find any detailed information on the transition from arriving at a port/harbour to working full-time on a yacht. 

Could someone tell me about this process as it happened to them? I.E. from arriving to a major port/harbour to getting day work and finally to being offered a job.  How you got the day work, when and how long it took to get offered a permanent job, what crew think of 'greenies' when they approach the boats looking for work etc.

I understand that each boat and each experience will be different but it will give anyone reading this more detailed knowledge of the process.

Thanks a lot. 

Average 0 out of 5
]