Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Advice on best non EU location from Mallorca
RCJ70
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 2:30 PM

Thanks, will speak to the insurers asap. Any other good places to re import apart from Mallorca? Any other help well appreciated, this has been given to me at the 11th hour! Gotta love your owners!
kapt_mark
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 9:27 PM

I went from Antibes to Bizerte (Tunisia) in November 2011, other than the weather it was fine, agents and fuel were fast and efficient. The only bummer was we were just too late for the Tuna harvest and just too early for the olive harvest. I was in and out of Bizerte in 4 hours with papers in order and full bunkers made it to Bonifacio 16 hours later. From Mallorca, you may be better off going to Morocco? Gibraltar is another possibility.

RCJ70
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 10:46 PM

Hi there. Owner has just told me he wants to sell the boat from one company to another. Boat is non EU flag, a year into an 18 month import. It has to leave the EU for the sale to take place, then be re imported into the EU in Mallorca. Any advice gratefully recieved, places to go Morocco, Tunisia, others... Cheers in anticipation!
TopTrumps
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 11:33 PM

Firstly i would check with your insurers because that might help you narrow down the list. Obviously with the issues happening in the North African and Arab worlds at present i´ve heard of some insurers barring transit to all north african countries except for Cueta (Spain/Morroco).
Neptune13
Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 10:38 PM

I was involved in the sale of a vessel out of Mallorca approx 2 years ago. We managed to organise the sale by going 12 miles offshore. The lawyers of the vessel organised the details and we used a local lawyer as a witness. I can try to find the local lawyer details if you wish and perhaps the lawyer for the vessel. let me know if you want to have a quick chat. I was also recently involved in the transfer of the yacht from one non eu company to another, this was again just undertaken in international waters. I can also find out details if you wish.
SBC
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:22 AM

Easiest from Mallorca is Bejaia in Algeria, 200 m south. Try this agent. Amina MESSAOUDENE SOGEMCO - Bejaia Agency On behalf of AGENA TRAMP 01 Boulevard de l'ALN - 06 000 - BEJAIA - ALGERIA Tel + 213 34 207 207 Fax + 213 34 20 5141 Mob + 213 774 757 004 Email : gembejaia@sogemco.com web : www.sogemco.com Expect some "bakshish", but apart from that it is ISPS port, and OK. There should be no insurance problems in Algeria. As Neptune mentions, it is also possible to sign 12 m offshore, with proper witness and a photo of the GPS pos. Get GOOD, QUALIFIED advice on this, though. Good luck
Captain Andy
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:10 AM

I've used this port in Algeria before too! It is a safe and secure port, but the reason we went is that fuel was so much cheaper there than Europe at the time. My visit was two years ago, and prices may have changed. However, the fuel was good quality and we had no problems using it for the rest of that season!
bahas
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 5:08 AM

"Marrakech Camel Trips"offers the best moroccan costum tours for singles..friends..families...If you are planning a vacation, Morocco is the best place to spend an unforgettable experience. Be sure your trip to Morocco will include a touch of guidance from Marrakech Camel Trips. If you have a dream of discovering exotic horizons, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will very happy to plan your next travel to Morocco as simple or as luxurious as you desire, suited to your budget and interests.

"Marrakech Camel Trips" has a great experience in organizing trips in accordance with the budget of each person, as much individual as of groups, Join us o live and to share moments with nomad families in desert…

With"Marrakech Camel trips"you can explore and enjoy all that Morocco has to offer, visiting the beautiful Atlantic coast, exploring the historic imperial cities,hiking the high Atlas mountains or camel trekking the sand dunes of the sahara and sleeping in the desert beneath a stunning canopy of stars in our traditional nomad bivouac camp.

http://www.marrakech-camel-trips.com/

Average 0 out of 5
]