Seeking First Mate with a minimum of 5 years experience to play key supporting role in providing a five star experience for guests on a luxury private boat charter in Grand Cayman. Compensation is salary, statutory benefits, plus excellent tips!
Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working on 40’ plus boats
• Computer literate
• EFR certification
• Assist the Captain with any day to day maintenance and basic engineering; strong mechanical and electrical knowledge a plus
• Maintain and clean all equipment to the highest standard
• Have advanced boating safety skills, including the ability to navigate and return vessels to safe harbor in the unlikely event that the captain is unable to perform his/her duties, impending weather and/or emergency situation
• Aid the captain in any form of emergency situation, and guidance to specified safe docks to meet any emergency vehicles
• Adhere to local maritime wildlife rules and regulations
• Keep up to date training in first aid and CPR to assist in the unlikely event of an accident
• Strong swimmer with line handling experience
• Experience in providing hands-on guest services including but not limited to guided snorkeling/scuba tours, sightseeing, reef fishing tours, jet ski instruction/tours, potential evening cruises/dinners
• Team player that is responsive and responsible
• Represent yourself professionally, both during work hours and after work hours with strong character and reputation
• Be attentive to the demands and requirements of the guests at all times to ensure a ‘Five Star’ experience
• Willing to be on-call and work long hours during busy season November thru May to enjoy flexible (and paid!) schedule during off-season
• Must have clean police record, valid drivers license and transportation to and from work
• Multi-lingual with experience working with luxury organizations a big plus!
About Five Star Charters I launched Five Star Charters Grand Cayman in May 2018. We are a private luxury charter business that provides half and full-day cruises on our 48’ Sea Ray Sundancer cruiser. The business is doing exceptionally well as I have aggressively marketed it. We are looking for a new First Mate to join our team. The position could be short-term for the summer or potentially long-term if it turns out to be a good fit. I am looking to bring someone on as soon as possible.